Well it's the time that only comes once in every 4 years...The Presidential Inauguration! For most, it represents a great time to show your patriotism..but for us in Washington DC, it represents: traffic, people not knowing proper metro etiquette and did I mention TRAFFIC?!? So after sifting through the city, crowds, and galas, what do you do? You eat...but since this
the inauguration edition we're going to eat like a President ...of course!
After much searching I was able to figure out some of our Presidents favorite foods. Some of the dishes are quite unusual...Can you guess which president loved Squirrel Stew?!? #Yum!
- George Washington: Fish and ice cream
- William Henry Harrison: Squirrel stew
- Abraham Lincoln: Fruit salad, cheese
- Grover Cleveland: Pickled herring
- Theodore Roosevelt: Wild game, biscuits and gravy
- William Howard Taft: Turtle Soup
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs
- Dwight D. Eisenhower: Oxtail soup,prune whip
- John F. Kennedy: New England clam chowder
- Lyndon B. Johnson: Pancakes, sweet potatoes with toasted marshmallows
- Richard Nixon: Meatloaf, dried figs, cottage cheese
- Gerald Ford: Pot roast, red cabbage
- Ronald Reagan : Jelly beans, mac & cheese, monkey bread
- George H. W. Bush: Pork rinds, but despised broccoli!
- Bill Clinton : Burgers, Sweet Potato Cheesecake courtesy of Chef Sonya!
- George W. Bush: Pretzels, PB & J
- Barack Obama: Chili, burgers
- For a more complete list check out the Astute Recorder.
So one of two things just happened...either your hunger pangs kicked in or the squirrel stew made you a little queasy! I think this has made me a little of both :-).
Chef Jess is a metro Washington, DC based Registered Dietitian offering exceptional nutrition and culinary services. Let's talk food with Chef Jess and let her vast health and wellness knowledge lead you to a healthy lifestyle!
Before you go...Don't forget to LIKE
my Facebook page for your chance to win a Whole Foods
gift card and Chef Jess grocery green bag
! Or Click
below to SHARE
this blog post on your FB timeline and make sure to tag @Let's Talk Food w/Chef Jess in the post! Hurry, contest ends January 31st!